Located at the entrance to Eggemoggin Reach in Penobscot Bay, the harbor offers safe anchorage on your tour of the Maine coast.
- Bucks Harbor Yacht Club has a limited number of guest moorings available. These are on a first come, first served basis and cannot be reserved. They can only be used for a 24-hour period. Because of demand, longer use of these moorings is not permitted. Please check with the dock attendant for availability.
Please note: The BHYC guest moorings will be unavailable Thursday, July 20th, 2023 through Monday, July 24th because of the Ensign Regional Regatta being hosted by the Club that weekend.
- Three additional moorings are being offered only to transient boaters that hold a reservation at Buck’s that night for dinner. Boaters going to Bucks for dinner may tie their dinghy up at the JSP float after 5 pm. These dinghies may not remain on the JSP float after dinner or overnight. For more information, please contact Allie Woods at 207-214-2179, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may tie up to the front dock to unload and load, but please limit that to no more than 30 minutes. Someone must remain on the boat to move it, if necessary.
- BHYC docks and floats are for non-commercial visitors only.
- Water is available if you need to fill your tanks only. The water is non-potable.
- The clubhouse has restrooms inside the main club house but no showers.
Brooksville is a small town with beautiful views but limited services:
- Bucks Harbor Market (just up the road from the BHYC) selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, basic groceries, ice, wine and beer. They also have an ATM.
- Buck’s Restaurant, open for dinner only. Reservations are recommended.
- A traditional farmer’s market on Tuesdays, 9:30 to noon.
- The Post Office is about a 2 mile walk, on Coastal Road. Turn left at the stop sign. Further up the hill is the town library.
Blue Hill is about a 15 minute drive away – check out their Chamber of Commerce for complete info on all their services.
Enjoy your stay and we wish you good wind and clear sailing!
For those who are new to the area and/or who are interested in becoming members, please see our procedure for becoming a member at BHYC…