Due to COVID-19, we are unable to accommodate visiting yachts in the summer of 2020 at the docks. Our guest moorings (as listed below) are available, provided that crew members do not come ashore.
Located at the entrance to Eggemoggin Reach in Penobscot Bay, the harbor offers safe anchorage on your tour of the Maine coast.
- The Club has a limited number of guest moorings in the harbor. Check with the Club’s dock attendants for availability.
- (suspended) You may tie up to the front dock to unload and load, but please limit that to no more than 30 minutes. Someone must remain on the boat to move it, if necessary.
- (suspended) Water is available if you need to fill your tanks.
- (suspended) The clubhouse has restrooms inside the main club house, but no showers.
Bucks Harbor Marine is a commercial marina in the harbor offering additional moorings, showers, fuel, and lobsters.
Brooksville is a small town with beautiful views but limited services:
- Bucks Harbor Market (just up the road from the BHYC) selling fresh produce, meats, cheeses, baked goods, basic groceries, ice, wine and beer. They also have an ATM.
- Buck’s Restaurant, open for dinner only. Reservations are recommended.
- A traditional farmer’s market on Tuesdays, 9:30 to noon.
- The Post Office is about a 2 mile walk, on Coastal Road. Turn left at the stop sign. Further up the hill is the town library.
Blue Hill is about a 15 minute drive away – check out their Chamber of Commerce for complete info on all their services.
Enjoy your stay and we wish you good wind and clear sailing!
For those who are new to the area and/or who are interested in becoming members, please see our procedure for becoming a member at BHYC…