Contact: email@example.com or 207-326-0776 (phone monitored weekends beginning in mid-June and daily in July/August)
General Guidelines and Registration
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FIRST TIME A PARTICIPANT IS REGISTERED FOR THE SEASON, A MEDICAL FORM MUST BE COMPLETED DURING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS.
The registration forms for the 2018 summer season will be posted in mid-April. Please read the following before starting the registration process:
- registration is conducted online and payment will be required at time of registration
- there are separate registration forms for members of BHYC and for Brooksville Town Residents
- each child participating in the program must have filled out and returned to us the appropriate registration form and medical form prior to participating in the program
- students will be required to sign a code of conduct at the start of their first class; a copy of this code will be sent to parents in advance
- students must be at least 8 years old or have completed 2nd grade to sign up for Ballast class. For students age 6/7, we offer Harbor Rookies on Friday mornings.
- to take full advantage of lesson time, we ask that you respect the schedule, and let us know if you’ll be running late, or will not be attending class.
Member registration form
Town Resident registration form
JSP Weekly Schedule
Come prepared: We come to lessons prepared, and our sailors will have a lot more fun if they are prepared as well. Sailors should come prepared for whatever the weather may be with:
- bathing suit
- change of clothes
- rain jacket
Every Friday (weather permitting), we hold a cookout lunch and races for any junior sailors who would like to compete. The Skippers’ Meeting will commence at 1:00, and we will head out on the water at 1:30. We encourage students to sign up for races by Thursday afternoon so we can plan accordingly.
Swim tests: New sailors are required to take a swim test in the harbor.
Private lessons: Private lessons will be available based on boat and instructor availability. Arrangements can be made by contacting the coordinators.
We look forward to seeing you and growing the future generation of BHYC sailors. Happy sailing!