A significant part of our sailing program is the Jr. Sailing Program with the mission of developing competent sailors and instilling in them a love and respect for the sport of sailing so that it becomes a life-long source of enjoyment. In addition to a full program of sailing classes there are plenty of opportunities to race, enjoy group sails or to simply mess around in boats.
There are plenty of opportunities for adults to sail together as well:
- Private lessons are available upon request and based on availability. Send us an email
- Each of eight Saturdays through July and August two races for one-design fleet and one race for the cruising fleet are held followed by a Race Tea at the clubhouse at 4pm where awards and pennants will be distributed.
- Skippers in need of a crew member, should please send an email to BHYCcrew@wiggiomail.com
- Sailors who would like to crew, should please send an email to BHYCskippers@wiggiomail.com
- On select Sundays there will be an All Ensign Turn-Out Day. We’ll meet at the bell at the head of Eggemoggin Reach at 1:30pm for a non-competitive sail to wherever the wind determines is best.
- Each year a group of members sail over to Swan’s Island for the Sweet Charity Music Festival.