Bucks Harbor Yacht Club welcomes new membership applications, whether from individuals new to the area, those returning to the area, or children of past members. The first step in the application process is connecting with a current member who is willing to sponsor your application to the Yacht Club. If you don’t already know some members, this may be a neighbor or someone you have met at an area event. Here is an overview of the process.
The sponsor should:
- Know the applicant well, socially
- Introduce the prospective applicant to the Club by sharing the descriptive statement printed on the inside cover of the Year Book. Review the initiation fee and annual dues
- Bring the applicant to three different kinds of events or activities at the Club
- Introduce the applicant to other members, including members of the Membership Committee
- The sponsor is responsible for gathering the completed application form, the sponsor’s letter, and two seconding letters and sending this to the Secretary
- The Membership Committee then considers the application and any other information coming to its attention. If the applicant is approved for membership, his/her application, in order of the application package postmark date, is placed in a queue awaiting admission as openings develop, should there be a waiting list at time of application.
After the applicant is accepted, the sponsor should introduce the new member and their family to other members, ensure that they feel welcome and comfortable in the Club, and help them participate in Club activities.