In addition to the General rules (see below) all players are required to abide by these rules for the 2020 season:
BHYC Tennis COVID-19 Prevention Protocols for Players
Stay home and get well if you are symptomatic of the coronavirus in any way, or if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Players are to practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Reservations are required, with all accurate players’ names listed. You can book online at this link…
- No Walk-on Play
- Each Player will have a mask available to wear when not playing.
- Players will wash or disinfect their hands with alcohol wipes prior to, and after, play.
- Gates are to be left open, to minimize touchpoints.
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between you and other players.
- No physical contact
- When changing sides, use opposite sides of the net.
- Avoid touching balls with your hands.
- Use your racquet or foot to pick up balls, or to send them back to another court. If you accidentally touch another member’s ball, we suggest you use hand sanitizer before resuming play.
- When serving, players might consider using a glove on their non-racquet hand.
End of Play
Sweeping the courts – Disinfectant wipes and/or bleach solution spray bottles and paper towel will be at the courts for players to wipe down the grips on the sweepers before and after use.
Other Program Information
- All tournaments, clinics are cancelled at this time. We will revisit these events as the state moves forward with changing guidelines, and as BHYC deems fit, in the coming weeks and months.
- Bob Christie will be available for Private (1 on 1), Semi-Private (2 and a Pro), and Small Group lessons on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Lessons to be scheduled directly through Bob at 207-610-0522 or email@example.com. Students will not touch balls at the lessons. After the lesson, the Pro will sanitize all equipment and get it ready for the next lesson. The Pro will have his own designated teaching basket and it will be wiped down after each lesson.
- All players (junior and adult) must wear smooth soled court shoes in order to play. Bare feet, running or cross training shoes (i.e. with treads) are not allowed. Players will be asked to cease play if wearing inappropriate footwear.
- Sign up to reserve a court (see below)
- Please drag brush the surface of the court after playing, hang up the brushes, and dispose of trash properly
- Do not play on court if too wet (shoes dent it when walked on)
- Do not lower net after play
- Those wishing to use the court should sign up at this link
- Court time can be booked in 1 ½ hour segments, from 7am to 6:30pm
- Only those members who have paid their tennis dues can play
- House guests and/or renters cannot sign up to play
- All guests (a non-member visiting a member) must be accompanied by the dues paying member at the time of play
- Members can sign up for two court times per week in advance
- If unable to use court at reserved time, please cancel to allow others to play at that time